Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Doggy Diet Raw or Kibble

To feed a raw diet or commercial kibble ?

Here at Topdogbullies we do both , we have been through numerous kinds of commercial dog food and have come to like the brand Diamond, we have been feeding raw diet also to all of our dogs for a few years and love it, I am actually thinking about going to raw altogether.

Here are some of the reasons I have found raw to be better.

1. They absolutely love it, I have seen some the pickiest eaters have no problem on a raw diet. We can open our dogs kennels in the evening to put them up and they all go straight to kennels to wait for their chicken they would not do that for kibble.

2. No vet visits for teeth cleaning, which if you show your dogs can save you a lot of money.

3. Better health all together, raw gives them more energy, can clear up allergies in a lot of dogs , makes their coat shiny and eyes bright.

4. Raw also helps build muscle in neck and jaws for bullies.

5. This is one of the best reasons ,if you are a breeder like me and have a few dogs than I am sure you pick up a lot of poo, well raw diet makes for less poo and what does come out is firm and turns chalky, it will make your life so much easier.

6. Raw is cheaper than kibble , I know I buy it both. You can ask your local butcher for leftovers, or if you are near a processing plant that is the best place. I can buy 33lbs of leg thigh quarters for 15.00



Now for a couple good but crazy questions I have been asked from people after they have found out I feed raw.
1. Here's the crazy question (in my eyes) Does feeding your bully raw meat make them vicious or mean or want to bite ?
No , no and no. Please if you fed your cat or yorkie raw meat do think it will want to do the same, I know that question sounds silly but I have been asked that at least a dozen times.

2. Will it make my dog sick?
You have to remember dogs are not people , their digestive systems are different from ours.
Feeding raw should not make your dog sick, remember dogs come from wolves all breeds and wolves don't to the store to buy kibble.

3. Is it ok to feed to puppies and pregnant bitches?
Pregnant bitches yes , we also give the yogurt for calcium.
We do feed our puppies raw and kibble , I want my puppies to eat both and let their new parents decide what fits best in their lifestyle.
We feed our puppies diamond puppy food and satin balls recipe for raw ,as the puppies grow and get their permanent teeth in then we start feeding them the chicken quarters .

So after going back and reading this , I myself am not sure why I haven't went to raw completely .
What do you think raw or kibble , it's something to think about.....

Just remember never ever to feed your bully cooked bones, this can cause major problems.
Keep it raw , bone and all and they will be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment